Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center Services at La Rabida
When families experience grief and bereavement, children need special attention. Help is available to children and their families through the Barr-Harris Children's Grief Center.
Therapeutic Services In Times of Loss
- Loss of parent through death, divorce, or abandonment
- Loss of a sibling or other family member through death
- Imminent death of a parent or other family member
Services Provided by Qualified Professionals
- Diagnostic evaluations of a child, parent or other family members
- Short and long-term treatment, if needed
- Child guidance to the surviving parent or caregiver
- Help with a school crisis (death of a teacher or student)
- Consultation, in-service training and educational presentations to schools, agencies, clinics, hospitals, schools and children's institutions
The center operates as a fee-for-service using a sliding scale to assure that no family is turned away for financial reasons.
The Barr-Harris Children’s Grief Center has locations in Chicago and the suburbs including one at La Rabida. To learn more, visit http://www.barrharris.org or to schedule a visit to our La Rabida site, call Johanna Sonnenfeld at 312.922.7474, ext. 421.